In every girls make-up bag is a mascara that they love and always turn to when things are going wrong, the Mascara range available on the market these days offers a whole collection of mascara that solve any problem you encounter. Whether it’s clumping or fallout you want to avoid, the mascaras on offer give you 100% guarantee for flawless results with every application.
With classic black ensuring that your everyday look is nothing but flawless. Whether its length, definition or volume you’re searching for you’ll find the mascara to suit your preference.
Brown mascaras have quickly become a favourite of those seeking a more natural look. With a pigment not as strong as a black, it allows for eyes to be widened without such a strong outline; keeping your overall look really subtle and natural.
Born out of the 80’s, Coloured mascaras ( Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Lash Multi Effects Mascara (Various Shades) are perfect for those looking for something different to add to their make-up regime. From eye popping purples to beautiful blues, add a fresh tone to your mascara application with this innovative eye colour trend.
However, today I would like to talk about the type of mascaras, that give you the right effect. Should you get lengthening, curling, thickening or non-smudging? What is the difference between each ? And do we need different ones for different occasions or we can manage with one. Here are a few tips handy to know about mascara.
The Shape of the Brush
Different brand mascaras certainly have different formulas, but what really makes a mascara lengthening or volumising has a lot to do with the shape and type of brush.
Here are a few things to consider:
- A curved brush will help curl lashes. Benefit’s newest sensation, the Roller Lash Mascara, is holding for up to 12 hours, mascara will lift, separate and curl your eyelashes and give your eyes a more open and intense look. It comes in black and brown colours. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara Brown . Some people also prefer to use a lash curler before mascara application.
- Fiber 3D lashes are all the rage and include 2 brushes, one to coat the primer for the fibres to stick to and one to apply the tiny fibres. Double Extension Fortifying Extending Mascara by L’Oréal Paris is an innovative double ended mascara which works in two steps to give you gloriously long lashes. The white base coat works to condition the lashes and extend them with the innovative ingredient Ceramide R, whilst the intensely coloured black mascara gives maximum volume. Also comes in Waterproof version.
- Lengthening mascaras will have longer, less dense brushes. The brush is skinny and will coat each lash perfectly without clumping or adding much volume. Curved version brush will help curl lashes. Clinique’s High Lengths Mascara, a lengthening mascara with instant effect.With a unique ‘willow’ wand applicator, the award winning mascara expertly coats every lash for a wide eyed, fan effect finish.
- Fat brushes with tons of bristles (like Lancome’s Hypnose mascara) create voluptuous lashes. Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Mascara, an amplifying mascara to intensify, thicken and lengthen eyelashes. Formulated with SoftSculpt™, a blend of soft, emollient waxes that produce clump-free volume, combined with silicone, glycerine and vitamin B5 to keep lashes supple, allowing you to create a look as dramatic as desired.These will be known as volumizers.
When you want volume. drama, heavy eye lashes effect – you want to buy the mascaras known as volumizing . These mascaras contain a thicker formula of waxes and silicone polymers that coat lashes and make them appear bulkier. One of the most popular thickening mascara on the market is MAC Haute & Naughty Lash also comes in Various Shades. Create a customised lash look with MAC Haute & Naughty Lash, a 2-in-1 mascara with dual-wiper brush system that allows you to define and separate, or add volume and fullness, depending which delivery system you choose.
Some great options include:
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Maximum Volume Mascara Duo Set It’s So BIG Volumizing Mascara
- Maybelline Colossal Waterproof Mascara
- High Definition Volumising Mascara has been expertly formulated to create a buildable false lash effect without clumping or flaking.
Lengthening mascara is meant to give you the appearance of longer lashes. Lengthening mascaras have dense bristles that allow you to get more mascara on your lashes and especially on the tips of your lashes. One of my favorited lengthening mascara is Lancome’s Definicils. It’s known as a lengthening mascara and beauty editors swear by it.
A big trend in lengthening mascaras these days is 3D fibre mascaras, which work by extending/adding tiny fibres to lashes. There are several good products on the market today:
- LOréal Paris False Lash X Fibre Mascara
- ModelCo Fibre Lash Brush-on Lashes
- Freezeframe Instant Lash Xtreme
Waterproof mascara is a good choice when you’re going on holiday somewhere hot or just want to ensure your mascara won’t smudge and give you panda eyes. Not a good look ).
Define and enhance your eyes with Lancôme’s Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara, a volumising, waterproof mascara that makes lashes look up to six times thicker with a perfectly separated finish.
Combining a Unique Power Full™ Brush with a creamy SoftSculpt™ formula, the mascara utilises soft emollient waxes and a PC/PA Polymer System to maximise lash intensity without unsightly clumping. Its wand with 1000 sensor bristles lends you the ultimate in lash volume control; expertly capturing every lash, it evenly distributes the formula from base to tip whilst separating and thickening with ease. A healthy dose of Silicone, glycerine and Vitamin B5 keep lashes soft all day.
Waterproof, or “non-smudging,” mascaras contain special synthetic formulas meant to repel moisture. But these can be harsh on your lashes , to prevent breaking lashes, you can put Vitamine E oil on them before you go to sleep. There are some great waterproof mascaras:
- Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Waterproof Mascara. Even when wet. Lashes seem to multiply, magnify and grow. Exclusive multiplying fibres (three different high-volume fibres) act almost like lash extensions, multiplying the look of lashes. Creates extreme volume, lift and curves-that last through all wet conditions.
- L’Oréal Paris False Lash Waterproof Mascara . Giving you a stunning false lash effect, the False Lash Architect Waterproof Mascara by L’Oréal Paris works to elongate and volumise lashes to give you a truly show-stopping look. With a waterproof formula that stays put, the black mascara moulds and re-shapes the lashes, whilst its 4mm fibres work to enhance texture, curve and lengthen the lashes.
- La Roche-Posay Respectissme Waterproof Mascara, a volume-correcting treatment that doesn’t smudge, run, dry or flake. Delivering intensive thickening and lengthening properties, the formula is enriched with fortifying polymer SRP to strengthen and condition each individual lash with continued use.
How to apply mascara perfectly by Maybelline. Neil Young shows how to apply mascara properly, creating beautiful multi-layered lashes easily using Lash Sensational Intense Black by Maybelline.
Love, Samira xxx