Well, the weather is getting warmer now and most of us are planning a summer holiday somewhere warm. I love travelling. The question I have every time before my holiday is …. What beauty essentials should I take on the plane? I used to have so many beauty products, just in case stuff, that I usually never use during my flight. The traveller`s beauty choice is always unique. However, after travelling so many time, I managed to narrow it down to some must have items in my beauty bag.
Whether you’re going long haul or jetting to the South of France, travelling by plane can really dry out your skin. To make you look and feel flawless, I have rounded up the only essentials I usually take in my hand luggage to use during the flight.
- Moisturiser. To prevent that feeling of having dry, dehydrated feel skin on your face when you’re flying, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Day & Night Essential Kit. This daily hydrating lotion leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and moisturised for up to 8 hours. Night cream is an intensely hydrating option that ensures you most certainly do get your beauty sleep, the Eight Hour Skin Protectant Night Time Miracle Moisturiser from Elizabeth Arden is perfect for use in the evenings if it’s soft and supple skin you want to wake up to ( perfect for over night flights) .
- The spray…A few hours after your skin has been exposed to the cabin air, it can start to look dull and lifeless. This handy, travel-sized version of Caudalie’s cult beauty elixir provides an instant fix to rehydrate your skin with a comforting floral aroma.Caudalie Beauty Elixir smoothes features, tightens pores and provides an instant burst of radiance to the complexion.
- The cleansing wipes. I do not like using facial wipes all the time, but when you get on the plane, and just before you land, these Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Cleansing Cloths my must have. These cloths are designed to deeply cleanse skin and refine your pores, the Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Cleansing Cloths work to refresh and cleanse your skin on the go. Uniquely textured and blended with glycolic, lactic and citric acid to thoroughly dissolve dead skin cells, these wipes also contain purifying eucalyptus to absorb pore-clogging dirt and oil for clarified and fresh-looking skin.
- The sleep-inducer. If you struggle to rest on long-haul flights, use NEOM Nourish, Breathe & Sleep Hand Balm treatment. Warm a pea-sized amount of balm between your hands before massaging into the skin. Cup your hands over your nose and mouth and breathe in through your nose for 7 seconds and out through your mouth slowly for 11 seconds to your wrists and temples. The lavender- and jasmine-scented oils relax you enough so you can gradually wind down and fall asleep.
- The make-up. These products are all you will need to complete your pre-landing look. I use for my eyes. Blendable, StriVectin’s sheer concealer with NIA-114 instantly brightens, hydrates and covers imperfections – from dark circles to fine lines, for a fresher, brighter look with fewer signs of fatigue. Also, I am not a big fan of foundations, I prefer CC cream. I love this CC Anti-Aging Face Tint, Light, SPF30. I’ve been using it for 3 years and won’t use anything else, because it makes my skin look flawless and natural. Also, a little bit goes a long way – It takes very little and a tube lasts me around 9 months. Medium colour suits the most skin tones , unless you have very fair or very dark skin tone. Drench your lips in luscious colour with KORRES Cherry Lip Gloss, a high shine gloss that effortlessly hydrates the lips whilst imparting a bright, highly pigmented colour. Fortified with hydrating cherry oil and antioxidant-rich vitamins E and C, the formula will benefit your lips by deeply moisturising and recapturing lost shine. Add a small amount to the apples of your cheeks, and finish with a coating of benefit They’re Real! Mascara. I hope this will help you with your next travel venture. This list should help you to look and feel refreshed, and holiday ready. It works for me.
Love, Samira xxx